Ombré Powder Brows
What are Ombré Brows?
Ombré Powder Brows differs from traditional tattooing in that it is surface work—meaning, the application is done on the epidermis layer of the skin. The technique is described by its name, with results being powdery with a faded front and a crisp tail, resembling the look of makeup. This is a semi-permanent eyebrow styling technique that creates a soft shaded brow pencil look. This amazing technique, first developed in Asia, has been around for decades and has been gradually improving over the years. It gives great definition & depth to the eyebrows. This is a shading technique used to give your natural brows a fuller and more defined soft shaded brow pencil look, it can be done as soft or as bold as you like. This technique is good for all skin types including oily skin.
What is the Difference between Ombré Powder Brows & Microblading?
The biggest difference between the two semi-permanent eyebrow styling techniques is how the pigment is deposited into the skin. Microblading uses a handheld tool to carve small cuts into the skin, whereas Ombré brows are done using a machine. The Ombré powder technique is a bit less invasive than that of microblading.
What is the process?
All semi-permanent makeup services will require an initial appointment and a 6-8 week touch-up appointment to perfect your brows. Failure to book your touch-up appointment within the 6-8 week window will result in unpredictable brow results.
Over time your eyebrows will fade, so annual touch ups (12 months from initial appointment) are highly recommended. Not only will you enjoy the benefits of maintained brows, but you will also receive $100 off for being a loyal Kay Elaine’s Beauty Bar brow client. The discount will be applied during booking.
On Average, How Long Does Ombré Brows Last?
Ombré brows can last anywhere from two to five years. The retention will depend on a number of factors, such as lifestyle, skin type, sun exposure, health condition, etc.
Benefits of Ombré Brows:
- Ombré powder brows are great for any skin type, unlike microblading, which may not work well on oily skinned beauties.
- Your eyebrow will look fuller, more defined as well as dramatic.
- Ombré brows last longer than microbladed brows, usually up to 5 years.
- The Ombré powder technique is a bit less invasive than that of microblading.
- Also, this semi-permanent eyebrow styling technique is less painful than that of microblading.
- Ideal option for oily or sensitive skin
- Requires less touch-up appointments
- Give the appearance of fuller, defined brows
Who is a Good Candidate for Ombré Brows?
Unlike Microblading, Ombré Powder Brows are great for any skin type. Oily skinned beauties as well as very dark-haired clients benefit the most from Ombré Powder Brows.
Is there anything that will prevent me from being serviced?
- You cannot be pregnant and/or breastfeeding. You may book brow services 90 days after breastfeeding.
- No medication outside of vitamins and/or birth control pills
- No diabetes
- No serious disease such as cancer, autoimmune disorders, circulatory and bleeding disorders
- No skin irritation in service area (this includes but are not limited to symptoms of skin disease, lesions, acne, raised bumps, birthmarks, and moles)
- No waxing or plucking your brows (must wait at least 72 hours). Brows can be threaded before your appointment
- No chemical peels within 3 weeks prior to your appointment
- No exfoliators within 72 hours of your service appointment. i.e. Skin products that contains Retin A, Renova, Alpha Hydroxyl Acids, and Glycolic acid
- No Accutane and/or Isotretinoin (you must wait at least 6 months after your last dosage)
- No Botox injections as this may result in an uneven brow shape when injection wears
- No keloids or tendency to keloid (applies to Microblading)
- No blood thinners or retinoids
- No caffeinated drinks and/or alcohol within 48 hours of your scheduled appointment (they act as blood thinners and can cause excessive bleeding during the service)
Do I get to pick my brow shape?
No, your brow shape will be determined based on the shape and structure of your face. Do not fret, the service will not begin until you approve the shape and outline. You will be included throughout the entire process; NOTHING will be done without getting your approval first.
Will it hurt?
Pain threshold levels vary from person to person. A local anesthetic will be applied during the brow service to ensure you remain comfortable & as pain-free as possible. Most clients report the service more discomforting than painful. The client’s comfort is a top priority for Kay Elaine’s Beauty Bar. Because of this, we will do our best to ensure you are comfortable for the duration of your appointment. You can bring headphones to your appointment.
What should I expect after my appointment?
You may experience redness in your brow area, please do not be alarmed; this will disappear within a few hours. Your brows will not heal perfectly after the first session. Please keep in mind this is a 2-step process. Please be patient during your 14-day healing process as your brows will change daily during this time.
Due to oxidation, the brow color will appear darker than the initial color on the first day, this is completely normal.
The skin in the brow area will begin to scab. You should begin the use of the aftercare cream given to you at the time of your appointment.
The skin in the brow area will continue to crust and eventually shed. It is imperative that you do not assist the scabbing by picking at your brows. This could cause the pigment that was placed to lift prematurely and/or cause scarring to the service area.
By now, the crust should have completely shed and the pigment behind may look very light. Please, do not be worried! The color will gradually return in the days to come.
Your brows should be completely healed externally. You may resume washing and makeup in the brow area. You should never chemical peer and/or exfoliate directly over your brows; however, your normal skin routine may resume.
Post Day 14:
Your brow tattoo will take up to 4 weeks (28 days) to fully heal underneath the skin. The color will continue to change from day to day until the healing process is complete. You may experience itchiness in the brows after the 10 days and up to 2 months after your appointment due to your brows healing internally. Your skin type and lifestyle determine the longevity of your brows. Please note that even with proper aftercare, your brows can result in patches or faded spots. This is normal as your body is trying to reject the foreign object from your body (this is your body’s way of healing). This is why the 6-8 week touch-up is required, to replace any pigment or hair strokes lost during your healing process.
What should I AVOID doing after the procedure?
- DO NOT sweat excessively for 10 days. Sweat contains salt and can infect and prematurely fade your new brows. Salt in the sweat could possibly alter the color of your brows. Moderate exercise is fine.
- DO NOT pick the crust off of your brows!
- DO NOT expose your brows to the sun during your healing process. UV Rays can alter the pigment of your brows as well. Following the first 10 days SPF is important for the longevity of your micropigmentation.
- DO NOT run direct water on your brows. This is especially important in the first few days, as you do not want to prematurely wash out any pigment. You can wash around your brows.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, antibiotic creams or gels, vitamin creams, or retinol acids on the brow area. Only use the aftercare cream given to you by your brow artist.
- DO NOT use any makeup, creams, exfoliants on the brows for 10-14 days.
- DO NOT go into saunas, pools, and/or steam rooms.
- DO NOT get massages, facials, skin treatments, or use exfoliants during the healing process.
- DO NOT go tanning and if you do cover your brows, UV rays can alter the color of your brows.
- DO NOT use laser light therapy on your brows. This can darken, lighten, and/or distort the pigment
Schedule your Ombré Brow appointment at Kay Elaine's Beauty Bar today!
Here at Kay Elaine's Beauty Bar, our goal is to ensure that we are a welcoming one stop shop for all things beauty. We strive to ensure that if you walk through our door, you would leave as a renewed person. We want to help you feel and look your best, and be more confident with the help of our services. So if you’re thinking to try Ombré brows and enhance your beauty, feel free to get in touch with us today. We can help you enhance your beauty by giving you fuller and more defined brows.
Book your appointment today! Click the button below.