Body Contouring + Skin Tightening
What is Body Contouring?
It is also known as "Body Sculpting". It is a collection of non-surgical cosmetic treatments used to reveal a firm and toned body hidden underneath layers of fat or loose skin. It's a non-invasive treatment that safely removes stubborn fat deposits from the body. Body sculpting targets and kills fat cells in the body without surgery. It allows you to shape and lose stubborn fat in areas such as the upper arms, abdomen, hips, and thighs.
Not only does body sculpting help destroy fat, but it also reduces cellulite, promotes healthy blood circulation, and strengthens connective tissue.
This procedure is ideal for those who are close to their ideal weight, but have parts of their body they’d like to shape, tighten, tone, or define a little more.
Benefits of Body Contouring:
- A non-invasive way to reduce fat
- Targets fine lines and wrinkles
- Restores firmness of the skin
- Reduces visibility of cellulite
- Eliminates stubborn pockets of fat
- Little to no recovery time
- More accessible to everyone
What is Skin Tightening?
Non-surgical skin tightening procedures work by using targeted energy to heat deeper layers of skin, which stimulates collagen and elastin production and gradually improves skin tone and texture.
What happens in the Body Contouring + Skin Tightening service?
This technique is a combination of ultrasonic cavitation, radio-frequency, and heated suction. Ultrasonic waves are used to break apart your fat cells, which are then absorbed into your body via your lymphatic system and naturally disposed of. Radio-frequency is then used to heat (not burn) the deeper layers of your skin increasing collagen and elastin production to improve your skins texture, elasticity, and tone.
We recommend 6-10 sessions for the best results.
How does Body Sculpting work?
Body sculpting procedures use different types of energy to kill fat cells and visibly tighten skin. Once the treatment is complete, the body processes and filters out the destroyed fat cells over the course of the next 3-4 months, which is when most people see the full effect of the procedure.
Is Body Sculpting safe? Does it hurt?
Body sculpting is non-invasive and involves little to no pain. Side effects to body sculpting procedures are very minimal, usually consisting of minor pain, swelling, or a warm feeling on the treated area.
How is Body Sculpting different from Liposuction?
So you know that body sculpting kills fat and helps shape and firm targeted areas of your body. But isn’t that what liposuction does? Sort of, but with a few key differences.
Liposuction uses a suction technique to remove fat from targeted areas. It is a surgical procedure that requires anesthesia and a longer recovery time (usually 1-2 months) than body sculpting. Associated risks include complications from anesthesia, bleeding, and uneven fat reduction.
Body sculpting has minimal side effects and because it is non-invasive, it allows you to get back to your normal routine immediately following treatment.
What can I expect after Body Sculpting?
Because body sculpting procedures are non-invasive, you can return to normal activities immediately following treatment. You may experience some redness, swelling, or tenderness around the treatment area for a few days following the procedure. However, pain is usually very minimal.
Pre & Post Treatment Instructions
PLEASE REVIEW THESE INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO BOOKING & PRIOR TO EACH APPOINTMENT
Pre-Treatment Instructions: Things you need to do before going to your Body Sculpting appointment.
- Avoid eating 2 hours prior to treatment if you are treating your stomach/abdomen area.
- Drink (1 gallon) of water per day and follow a low fat diet to maximize your results.
- Avoid aspirin or anticoagulants if possible as they may cause bruising with a suction device.
- Unprotected sun exposure to the treatment area 2 weeks prior to treatment can result in complications such as skin burns. SPF 30 is required on the treatment area if it is exposed to the sun.
- Exfoliate the treatment area the day of your treatment.
- Closely shave any hair in the treatment area. If the area to be treated has long hairs they will be pulled by the device.
- Avoid creams, moisturizers, self-tanners or any other topical products on the area to be treated.
- Discontinue the use of Accutane for six (6) months prior to treatment.
- If you are pregnant, we will need to postpone your treatment. You can resume your treatment 3 months after delivery with a release from your doctor.
- You must wait 3 months after liposuction to begin treatments; a release from your doctor is required.
- Avoid the use of Retin-A or any acids that may be irritating to the treatment area 3 days prior to treatment.
- Please note that you may be more sensitive to the procedure if you are premenstrual or menstruating.
- If you are on antibiotics, you must have had your last dose 10 days prior to treatment.
- The use of certain medications causing sensitivity to sunlight, (photosensitive) should be avoided, please contact us if you are not sure if your medication is photosensitive. Photosensitive medications may cause skin burns.
- If the skin to be treated is irritated, non-intact or bruised we will postpone your treatment until your skin is healed.
Post-Treatment Instructions: Things to remember after getting your Body Sculpting treatment.
Drink (1 gallon) of water throughout the day and follow a low fat diet to maximize your results.
Walking for 30 minutes will benefit your body’s response to this treatment.
The treatment area should not be exposed to the sun. SPF 30 or higher should be applied whenever exposed to the sun.
Immediately following treatment, the area may show a slight erythema (redness) and/or edema (swelling). Itching is possible as well all of which are completely normal.
Bruising, “Hickeys” or crusting of the skin may also occur, this is possible however contact the office with any concerns you may have.
Avid exfoliating the treatment area 24 hours post treatment, avoid exfoliating irritated skin.
Avoid Retin-A or irritating acids or products for 24 hours following treatment.
If the skin in the treated area crusts, do not rub, pick, or use any kind of exfoliation until the treated area heals. Do not shave the area if crusting is present. Contact the office for care instructions.
If swelling occurs, apply ice packs. Discomfort or stinging may be alleviated with Tylenol or other pain reliever.
Schedule your body sculpting appointment at Kay Elaine's Beauty Bar today!
Here at Kay Elaine's Beauty Bar, our goal is to ensure that we are a welcoming one stop shop for all things beauty. We strive to ensure that if you walk through our door, you would leave as a renewed person. We want to help you feel and look your best, and be more confident with the help of our services.
Book your appointment today! Click the button below.