Body Contouring & Skin Tightening Info
Pre & Post Treatment Instructions
PLEASE REVIEW THESE INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO BOOKING & PRIOR TO EACH APPOINTMENT
- Avoid eating 2 hours prior to treatment if you are treating your stomach/abdomen area.
- Drink (1 gallon) of water per day and follow a low fat diet to maximize your results.
- Avoid aspirin or anticoagulants if possible as they may cause bruising with a suction device.
- Unprotected sun exposure to the treatment area 2 weeks prior to treatment can result in complications such as skin burns. SPF 30 is required on the treatment area if it is exposed to the sun.
- Exfoliate the treatment area the day of your treatment.
- Closely shave any hair in the treatment area. If the area to be treated has long hairs they will be pulled by the device.
- Avoid creams, moisturizers, self-tanners or any other topical products on the area to be treated.
- Discontinue the use of Accutane for six (6) months prior to treatment.
- If you are pregnant, we will need to postpone your treatment. You can resume your treatment 3 months after delivery with a release from your doctor.
- You must wait 3 months after liposuction to begin treatments; a release from your doctor is required.
- Avoid the use of Retin-A or any acids that may be irritating to the treatment area 3 days prior to treatment.
- Please note that you may be more sensitive to the procedure if you are premenstrual or menstruating.
- If you are on antibiotics, you must have had your last dose 10 days prior to treatment.
- The use of certain medications causing sensitivity to sunlight, (photosensitive) should be avoided, please contact us if you are not sure if your medication is photosensitive. Photosensitive medications may cause skin burns.
- If the skin to be treated is irritated, non-intact or bruised we will postpone your treatment until your skin is healed.
Pre-treatment instructions must be followed to prevent any complications. Please contact us prior to your appointment with questions or concerns regarding your treatment.
Drink (1 gallon) of water throughout the day and follow a low fat diet to maximize your results.
Walking for 30 minutes will benefit your body’s response to this treatment.
The treatment are should not be exposed to the sun. SPF 30 or higher should be applied whenever exposed to the sun.
Immediately following treatment, the area may show a slight erythema (redness) and/or edema (swelling). Itching is possible as well all of which are completely normal.
Bruising, “Hickeys” or crusting of the skin may also occur, this is possible however contact the office with any concerns you may have.
Avid exfoliating the treatment area 24 hours post treatment, avoid exfoliating irritated skin.
Avoid Retin-A or irritating acids or products for 24 hours following treatment.
If the skin in the treated area crusts, do not rub, pick, or use any kind of exfoliation until the treated area heals. Do not shave the area if crusting is present. Contact the office for care instructions.
If swelling occurs, apply ice packs. Discomfort or stinging may be alleviated with Tylenol or other pain reliever.
Following all Post treatment Instructions will maximize your results and minimize your risk of complications. Please contact us with questions or concerns regarding your treatment.